Have you ever wonder what happens after you press send on your tax return. We all know that e filing with the direct deposit as the payment method speeds things up, but by how much.
Table of Contents
“Where is My Tax Refund?
Today, we are going to discuss exactly what takes place once you hit that green button to send your tax return to the IRS.
- Your return is stamped with an electronic postmark and sent to the government
- The IRS accepts your return in no more than 48 hours
- They check your personal information to make sure it matches what they have on file.
- If it looks good your return is accepted
Once your return has been accepted, you then switch over to the IRS refund timetable. Last year nine out of ten refunds were issued in no more than 21 days. This year similar results are expected.
How to Check the Status of Your Refund
- Use the free TurboTax mobile app “MyTaxRefund” available for iPhone and Android users
- Go to the IRS tool, “Where’s My Refund”
Any of these tools will allow you to check the status of your refund. As soon as your refund is approved, tracking information will be available. Usually, you can check the status of your refund 24 hours after you have filed. Keep in mind, when you e-file opt to receive your refund via direct deposit to receive it the quickest.
Filing Your Taxes Online
Remember, when you file your taxes online, you don’t need to know which tax forms to fill out. We’ll ask you simple questions about your life and put your answers on all the appropriate tax forms.
Online tax filing makes it easy to file your taxes. You can easily and accurately file in the comfort of your own home and save money. Last tax season 75% of tax filers received a tax refund and this tax season many are already receiving their tax refunds so there’s no reason to wait!